Ethics and integrity – a code of conduct and business ethics based on shared values
The Arkema group and its personnel are guided in their actions by rules and principles of behavior. These rules are based on the core values of the Group and are defined in the code of conduct and business ethics. An ethics mediator and a Compliance Committee are in charge of these matters.
Everywhere it operates, the Arkema group undertakes its activities in accordance with the principles and rules of ethics and integrity. These principles and rules are based on the company’s core values and guide the conduct of the Group in relation to the following:
- Its shareholders: it works hard to continue to deserve their trust, thanks to Good Governance Practices as well as reliable and relevant data.
- Its customers: it undertakes to provide them with high quality products and services. It seeks the best performance for each individual use at a competitive price.
- Its employees: it trusts them and is concerned about their working conditions. It attaches significant importance to the respect of people and their private lives, to the absence of discrimination, and to the protection of health and safety.
- Its suppliers and service providers: it chooses them on the basis of defined criteria and establishes a balanced and long lasting relationship.
- Its host countries: it complies with their laws and respects their cultures and traditions as well as their sovereignty.
Arkema's code of conduct and business ethics
The code of conduct and business ethics defines all the ethical rules and principles of the Arkema group. It is a reference document for all employees of the Group.
Adherence to the great universal principles
The Arkema group undertakes to comply with the rules of free competition and rejects corruption in all its forms.
The Arkema group's values are universal as they are inspired by principles derived from fundamental treaties including the Universal Declaration of Human Rights of 1948, the principles of the International Labor
Organization, the Guidelines for multinational enterprises of the OECD and the principles of the United Nations World Pact.
The four core values of the Arkema group
Rules for individual behavior
This course of conduct applies to all levels of the firm and at an individual level is expressed by a set of rules of behavior related to:
- Health, safety and the environment
- Relationships between employees
- Use of IT resources
- Relationship with suppliers and customers
- Confidentiality and intellectual/industrial property
- Conflicts of interest
- Insider trading
Ethics mediator answers employee questions
The ethics mediator is responsible for dealing with all ethics-related issues in the Group. The ethics mediator is at the disposal of all employees who have any questions related to the interpretation or application of the code of conduct and business ethics.
The mediator has a good understanding of the Arkema group’s activities and specializations. His or her career situation provides a guarantee of independence and impartial judgment. The ethics mediator is appointed by the Chairman and Chief executive officer of Arkema.
The Compliance Committee
The Compliance Committee comprises the Internal Audit and Internal Control Vice President, a representative from the Human Resources Division, the Sustainable Development Vice President, the Group Safety Environment Industry Vice President, a representative from the Legal Affairs Division, and a representative from the Financing / Treasury / Tax Division.
The Compliance Committee is charged with monitoring the application of compliance issues within the Arkema group in the following areas: competition law, commercial intermediaries, fraud, business practices and integrity, workplace integrity and fairness, and protection of the environment.
The Compliance Committee reports to Comex.