A comprehensive range of innovative solutions for the oil and gas industry
Arkema partners its customers in the oil and gas industry at every key moment. The Group indeed offers an extensive range of tried-and-tested or innovative solutions for the various stages of the oil and gas chain both upstream and downstream.
Because the oil and gas industry has to comply with increasingly more stringent technical and environmental standards, Arkema develops new innovative products and materials. The Group assists its customers in finding optimum answers to the challenges of today’s world and to the demands of this cutting-edge sector. A range of ad hoc services is also available to assist manufacturers in the best way possible at every stage of their processes.
Adsorbents and additives for oil and gas production and refining
CECA - a subsidiary of the Arkema Group – markets a range of corrosion and scale inhibitors to offer its oil and gas customers original and custom-made solutions throughout the world.
- Prochinor® demulsifiers offer optimum treatment for emulsions whatever the characteristics of the crude oil or the operating conditions: crude and low temperature paraffinic, naphthenic and asphaltenic, short processes and limited storage life.
- Inipol® scale inhibitors feature effective properties that fight against the formation of mineral or organic scale deposits during storage.
- Norust® products ensure effective protection of oil and gas production facilities against internal corrosion.
- Bactiram® biocides help curb the development of bacteria, corrosion, and the fouling of pipes in oil and gas facilities.
Focus on... Siliporite® products
A result of decades of R&D, collaboration with major partners in the sector and CECA expertise, the Siliporite® molecular sieve range fully meets the needs of our customers.
Highly efficient in the separation of xylene and paraffin isomers, these products are also essential for drying and purification of petroleum and gas cuts.
Our polymers and resins for the protection of oil and gas pipelines
- Kynar® PVDF fluorinated polymers are used for flexible pipelines for crude oil extraction and transportation. They feature outstanding chemical resistance and can withstand high temperatures (up to 130°C) over the long term as well as other extreme conditions that are typical of oil and gas deep-water extraction.
- Rilsan® PA 11, a polymer 100% derived from renewable sources, has been approved by all oil companies for the manufacture of offshore flexible pipelines used for oil and natural gas extraction. Thanks to this polymer’s outstanding mechanical strength and barrier properties, these flexible pipes can last more than 20 years in extremely harsh conditions. Moreover, Rilsan® PA 11 is also used to manufacture pipes for gas transportation, in particular in the US.
- Rilsan® fine powders are thermoplastic polyamide powders for coatings. Their high resistance to hydrocarbons and other petrochemicals helps limit the formation of cavities in the pipes used to transport these fluids.
- From the specialty polymers family, Pebax® polyether block amide features very good chemical stability, mechanical strength and flexural strength. It can be used in the manufacture of umbilicals.
- Orgalloy® polyamide alloys feature excellent barrier and anticorrosion properties in the presence of petrol/gasoline and diesel. They are used to manufacture pipes for the transportation and distribution of gases and gasoline fuels, as well as flexible pipelines.
- Kepstan® PEKK polymer features remarkable resistance to fire, abrasion, and aggressive and corrosive chemicals. It is recommended for deep-sea oil drilling.
- Orevac® polymers are used primarily as adhesive coatings for multilayer oil and gas pipeline structures, to which they impart external corrosion protection.
Integrated and odorizer solutions for steamcrackers and refineries
- DMDS (dimethyl disulfide) is an in situ activator of hydrocracking and hydrodesulfiding catalysts for petroleum fractions in refineries and petrochemical plants. This product helps protect plant and equipment from the formation of coke and carbon monoxide (CO), thereby ensuring more effective protection of the facilities. DMDS Evolution® E2 is a DMDS Evolution® formulation with an improved scent.
The Carelflex service involves the application DMDS, and covers a package of highly technical services in petroleum fraction desulfiding plants around the world.
The Arkema Group also offers a range of innovative products for the odorization of natural gas and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG):
- Spotleak® and Vigileak® are odorizer blends for gases with mercaptan and sulphide content.
- THT (tetrahydrothiophene) is an odorizer for natural gas, and complies with standard ISO 13734.
Focus on... Carelflex®
Carelflex® services, renowned internationally in the refining and petrochemical industry, cover a range of highly technical services for the application of DMDS (dimethyl disulfide) in petroleum fraction desulfiding plants around the world. Carelflex® technical teams are ISO 9001 certified and provide services of the highest standards.