Forane® 408A refrigerant (R-408A) is a low-ozone depleting, near-azeotropic HCFC blend of R-22, R-125, and R-143a that was designed to match the performance of R-502 and is a retrofit solution for medium and low temperature refrigeration systems that are currently using R-502. R-408A should not be mixed with R-502 or used to top off the charge of an existing system operating on R-502. R-408A is not intended for use in new equipment.
- Average molecular weight (g/mol) 87.0
- Normal boiling point (°F) -48.2
- Critical temperature (°F) 181.7
- ASHRAE safety group classification A1
- Ozone depletion potential (ODP) 0.026
- Global warming potential (GWP) 3,152