Chemical, pharmaceutical and plastics industries: creating value and enhancing productivity
As a specialty chemicals manufacturer, the Arkema group supports the chemical industry by developing intermediate products which are essential to manufacturing processes. Its products are also used in the operating processes of industrial facilities.
Focused on specialty chemicals and innovation, the Arkema group has a wide range of intermediate products for the chemical, pharmaceutical and plastics markets. Thanks to its expertise in complex manufacturing processes, it provides innovative and sustainable solutions for the formulation of synthetic products used for a wide variety of industrial applications, and for the creation of high performance materials.
Value-added synthetic additives
The intermediate products of the Arkema group are used in many processes in the chemical industry: solvents, diluents, thickeners, reagents and reaction initiators.
They are used not only in pharmaceutical and cosmetic applications, but also in the manufacturing of pesticides, textiles, paints, rubber, etc.
Improving the performance of plastics
The Arkema group provides the plastics industry with a large choice of functional additives:
- Plastistrength®, Clearstrength®, Biostrength® and Durastrength® plastic additives are used at different steps of the manufacturing process, and enhance the properties related to impact resistance, heat, aging of plastics and also transparency.
- Organic peroxides remain indispensable to initiate polymerization.
- Acrylic monomers and oligomers produced by Sartomer are widely used as reactive diluents for the formulation of UV and ink coatings, and as chemical intermediates for synthesizing polymers. Sartomer recently created a new range of products called Sarbio™, made from renewable raw materials.
Luperox®: productivity initiators
The Luperox® range of organic peroxides includes initiators which shorten polymerization cycles. They contribute to increasing productivity, reducing production costs and optimizing the quality of synthesized plastics (thermoplastic and thermoset).
Solutions for industrial facilities
The products of the Arkema group are also used in the operating processes of industrial facilities in the chemical industry with the following aims.
- Fighting corrosion: Kynar® polyvinylidene fluorides are used as a substitute for metals in chemical engineering to manufacture reactors, pipes and valves which are highly resistant to corrosive products.
- Meeting environmental standards: activated carbons produced by CECA are used to filter liquid and gas industrial effluents.