Arkema presents its comprehensive composite line that largely solves the challenge to find lighter materials:
• Elium® range, the first range of liquid thermoplastic
• Luperox® organic peroxides used as initiator for Elium® resins
• Kepstan® to replace metal in extreme conditions
• Rilsan® range, a high-performance polyamide that is 100% bio-sourced and makes thermoset composites resistant to abrasion and shock
• Additives like Nanostrength®, Orgasol® polyamides significantly improving the natural resistance properties of composites
• Black Mamba® waterproof sealant adhesives and SAF® structural adhesives from AEC Polymers
A world leader in high performance polymers, Arkema now offers a diverse range of materials for the manufacture of prototypes and functional technical short runs, using the laser sintering technology, the 3D printing/UV curing process, or molding for high-tech parts.
The intermediate products of Arkema are used in many processes in the chemical industry: solvents, diluents, thickeners, reagents, synthesis intermediates, acid scavengers, neutralizing agents and reaction initiators. Its range of hydrazine derivatives, amines, oxygenated solvents and other synthetic intermediates based on sulphur chemistry (e.g. methane sulfonic acid, thioacetic acid) or fluorinated chemistry are indispensable. They are used not only in pharmaceutical but also in cosmetic applications.
Arkema offers a comprehensive portfolio of technical polymers: the Group is the only chemical company in the world to offer the three families of long-chain polyamides (polyamide 10, 11 and 12) as well as PVDF fluoropolymers, suitable for all plastics processing technologies: injection molding, extrusion, and thermoforming. Arkema is showcasing its latest innovations at Fakuma 2014, in particular those developed for use in demanding industrial and automotive applications.
Sartomer, part of Arkema group, is exhibiting at the RadTech show, and will display its latest developments for UV/EB curable specialty acrylates.
A key leader in high performance UV curable acrylates, Sartomer demonstrates its ongoing commitment in the
coating and graphic arts industries, to answer the changing technical and regulatory requirements in most applications (food packaging, wood coating…).
Arkema exhibits its innovative solutions at Khimia tradeshow with most of its products - including specialty polyamides, fluoropolymers, functional polyolefins, plastic additives, organic peroxides, hydrogen peroxide, coating resins and fertilizer additives - at the biannual Chemistry Trade Show
Khimia. Through its Representative Office in Moscow, Khimia will be attended by all Moscow-based salespeople and many business managers
from Europe. With many customer meetings on its stand, Arkema expects Khimia-2013 to strengthen its positions in Russia and the CIS.
During the exhibition, Arkema will present its product family of Rilsan® Clear, high performance transparent polyamides for optical applications. The two latest additions to the family are bio-based products with an outstanding set of properties.
Rilsan® Clear G850 Rnew features a broad spectrum of performance properties, such as excellent flexibility and fatigue resistance, and outstanding optical properties and transparency. It has applications in spectacle frames, portable electronic housings, or even water meter casings.
Rilsan® Clear G120 Rnew has outstanding chemical resistance, especially to alcohols. Thus, this grade can adapt to thin-walled geometries and applications in challenging industrial environments.
This trade fair is an opportunity for Arkema, a global leader in returnable glass container coating technology, to communicate with the beer filling industry on its know-how in the field of returnable glass bottle protection. The Kercoat® protective technology together with the Opticoat® masking coating provide optimum performance to a returnable bottle fleet by significantly increasing the lifetime and enhancing the appearance to fulfil customers' expectations.
To address the fast growing coatings market in China, Arkema develops a wide and comprehensive range of resins with outstanding performances, the result of the latest innovations of its laboratories. These product ranges have been developed with environmental protection in mind, and for some, from biosourced raw materials.
Arkema China’s Coatings portfolio is unique in the market through a diversified choice of materials and technologies, covering the entire spectrum of requirements for industrial coatings, architectural coatings, decorative paints, specialty coatings and adhesives.
The Group will also be presenting its comprehensive range of thermoplastic resins, adhesives, additives and high performance materials for applications involving composites with a thermoset or a thermoplastic matrix:
- the thermoplastic resins Elium® product range
- Polystrand® thermoplastic tapes
- the structural adhesives from its subsidiary AEC Polymers for the assembly of composite parts, with outstanding adhesion performance
- its Nanostrength® acrylic block copolymers used to nanostructure certain polymers in order to enhance their properties;
- PEKK, marketed under the trade name Kepstan®, an ultra high performance material for aerospace applications, the only polymer currently on the market able to withstand continuous temperatures of the order of 260°C and whose properties are comparable to those of certain metals;
- its Rilsan® fine powder high fluidity grades (polyamides 100% derived from castor oil) for the manufacture of thermoplastic composite parts, imparting high chemical stability and mechanical strength, using the impregnation process;
- its Orgasol® fine powders (polyamide 6 or 12) used as binders or as additives in glass fiber and carbon fiber thermoset composites for the aerospace sector
-and finally, Luperox® organic powders and BlocBuilder® RC50 reactivity controller, crosslinking agents for unsaturated polyester resins (including foam)
Arkema presents novelties based on its range of Orgasol® and Rilsan® texture powders for haircare treatments, nail lacquers and skin lightening products. Arkema’s fine powders impart improved texture to formulations in terms of softness and smoothness, while also bringing functional benefits, such as a nourishing effect for conditioning hair cream, special finishes for nail colour, or a whitening effect for beauty care products.
Oleris® Methyl Undecylenate and Oleris® Undecylenic Acid find interesting applications, through their derivatives in cosmetics applications like hair care, deodorant, beauty creams, etc. Oleris® Undecylenic acid and Oleris® Methyl Undecylenate ( both certified ECOCERT) can be used in the formulation of cosmetics . Oleris® family is enhanced with Oleris® Sebacic acid, synthesis intermediate for sebacates esters can find interesting applications in cosmetics as emollients, masking agent, film forming agent, hair or skin conditioning agent, SPF Booster, etc.