In line with its ambition to expand in high growth regions, Bostik, subsidiary of Arkema, extends its production capacities in Bangalore (India). This new hot melt pressure sensitive adhesives (HMPSA) production units will enhance the global adhesives specialist ability to serve customers in the Disposable Hygiene market.
The annual combined general meeting of Arkema’s shareholders approved on 2 June 2015 the distribution of a €1.85 dividend per share for 2014 with an option for each shareholder to receive the payment of its entire dividend in new Arkema shares. The issue price of the new shares has been set at €61.64.
To support its customers’ growth, in particular in the refining and petrochemicals sector of Asia and the Middle East, Arkema, through its subsidiary CECA, an adsorption and filtration specialist, announces a project to double production capacity for its specialty molecular sieves. This capacity extension, representing capital expenditure of some €60 million, will take place in France on the Honfleur site dedicated to molecular sieves, with start-up scheduled for summer 2016.
At its Capital Markets Day organized today, Arkema presents its strategy and its ambition for the coming years and confirms its mid- and long-term objectives. On this occasion, the Group also details the success of its in-depth transformation achieved since its stock market listing and the projects and strategic orientations that will drive its future growth.
Arkema plans to divest its Sunclear subsidiary, its plastic and aluminium sheet distribution business, to BF Invest, a historical commercial partner of Sunclear. This project is consistent with its program to divest €700 million sales aimed at pursuing the Group’s strategy to refocus on its core business.
On 4 June 2015, in the presence of His Royal Highness the Sultan of Terengganu and the Federal and State Government authorities of Malaysia, Arkema and CJ invited 500 guests to the inauguration ceremony of their joint platform on the Kerteh site in Terengganu.
Arkema’s shareholders, who represented 62.5 % of the shares carrying votes, adopted all the resolutions submitted to the annual general meeting held today, in particular:
- Approval of the 2014 Company’s and consolidated financial statements
- €1.85 dividend per share with option for payment in shares
- Composition of the Board: approval of renewal of terms of office and appointment
Innovative 2014, styled in a consumer magazine format, acquaints shareholders, journalists, students… with Arkema’s activities simply and concisely. This latest report aptly illustrates the Group’s growth strategy: combine performance, innovation and sustainable development.
Arkema’s Board of Directors, at a meeting on 5 May 2015, decided to propose to the forthcoming annual general meeting on 2 June 2015 the appointment of Mrs Hélène Moreau-Leroy as Director of Arkema for a four-year term. Hélène Moreau-Leroy is Chairman and CEO of Hispano-Suiza (Safran Group) and has been a member of the Safran Executive Committee since 1st July 2013.
Arkema is actively developing its new Kepstan® PEKK (Poly-Ether-Ketone-Ketone) ultra high performance polymer with applications in the fields of carbon fiber composites and 3D printing. Success in these fields has prompted Arkema to increase its production capacities in France now and in the United States in the near future.
• €5,952 million sales, 1.4% down on 2013 at constant scope of business and foreign exchange rate
• €784 million EBITDA (€902 million in 2013), with €162 million EBITDA in 4Q, at the same level as last year
• 2014 EBITDA margin down at 13.2%, but remains solid in a market environment impacted by fluorogases and acrylics
• €167 million net income Group share, stable compared to 2013
Arkema reinforces its organic peroxide operations with the acquisition of Italian company Oxido, a European player in the formulation of organic peroxides used primarily in synthetic rubber crosslinking.
Arkema and Jurong Chemical announce today that they have concluded an agreement regarding the next steps of their cooperation in Acrylics in China. This agreement extends, until January 2016, the period for Arkema to exercise its call option to access a total of 320,000 t/year acrylic acid production capacity.
Effective 3 February 2015, Bernard Pinatel, currently CEO of Bostik, is being appointed a member of Arkema’s Executive Committee. He will succeed Pierre Chanoine who is retiring. Meanwhile, the structure of Arkema’s business segments is changing in the wake of the acquisition of Bostik.
Arkema finalized the acquisition of Bostik, the world’s no. 3 in adhesives, on 2 February. With this acquisition, the Group reaches a new milestone in its development, and confirms its ambition to become a world leader in specialty chemicals and advanced materials. Bostik’s growth prospects and the complementarities identified between the two groups will sustain the success of this high value creating project.
· First thiochemicals industrial platform in Asia
· Strengthening of Arkema’s world leading position in this product line
· Development in a fast growing region, in particular in the animal feed, petrochemicals and refining markets
Arkema has finalized the first stage of its acrylics assets acquisition project in Taixing, China, and now has access to a modern and competitive 160,000 t/year acrylic acid production capacity in Asia for the sum of US$ 240 million. This investment will enable the Group to serve its customers in China and in Asia in growing markets such as superabsorbents, paints, adhesives and water treatment.
• Proposed acquisition of Bostik, number 3 worldwide in adhesives and part of Total’s specialty chemicals
• New milestone in Arkema’s transformation in line with the Group’s strategy
- Reinforcing Arkema’s profile with the integration of a low cyclical and low capital-intensive activity with sales of €1.53 billion
- Strategic priorities well aligned: innovation, expansion in emerging countries and operational excellence
• High value creating project
- Significant potential for improving Bostik’s operating margin
- Well identified synergies
- Cash flow accretive from first full year and EPS accretive from second year
- Execution facilitated thanks to common culture
• Offer made on basis of €1.74 billion enterprise value (11 times EBITDA)
• A fully secured funding
As part of a plan to improve the profitability of its fluorogas business, on September 9th Arkema presented to the Zaramillo plant’s personnel representative bodies a project for the closure of fluorogas productions at its Spanish site.
The European fluorogas industry has been severely impacted for several years by a competitiveness gap with China and the United States. Hence the Zaramillo site is faced with this European environment as well as structural problems, which have prompted this proposed closure of the fluorogas productions.