A partner to scientific research
The Arkema group is stepping up its involvement in the public sphere through public-private research programs, partnerships with research institutes and laboratories, and cooperative programs with academic research.
The Arkema group has a longstanding commitment to public-private research programs in collaboration with:
- The European Commission (Framework Programme for Research and Development, FPRD),
- The French National Research Agency Agence Nationale de la Recherche (ANR),
- The French Environment and Energy Management Agency Agence de l’Environnement et de la Maîtrise de l’Énergie (ADEME),
- The Single Interministerial Fund.
Investing in the future
The Group also takes advantage of the French government’s “Investing in the Future” program Investissements d’Avenir , in the form of collaborative research as well as involvement in Technology Research Institutes (IRTs):
- IEED (Institute of Excellence in Carbon-Free Energy): INDEED and PIVERT projects,
- IRT M2P (Materials, Metallurgy, Processes),
- IRT AESE (Aeronautics, Space, Embedded systems).
Research bodies and laboratories
The Arkema group is a prominent player in scientific research, working in collaboration with renowned public laboratories including:
- The French National Center for Scientific Research (CNRS), under a frame agreement in place for the past several years,
- The French Atomic Energy Commission (CEA), with the establishment of three joint laboratories in conjunction with the following organizations: the National Solar Energy Institute (for photovoltaic applications), the Laboratoire d'Electronique des Technologies de l'Information (for organic electronics and microelectronics) and the Laboratory for Innovation in New Energy Technologies and Nanomaterials,
- The Réseau sur le Stockage électrochimique de l’énergie (RS2E, a network focusing on electrochemical energy storage), as one of the founding members.
Collaboration with university research
The Arkema group also maintains a wide range of partnerships with the academic community:
- research agreements (funding of thesis and post-doctoral research),
- industrial chairs at institutes of higher learning (bioplastics at Mines-Paris Tech, a chair of excellence in organic electronics in Bordeaux),
- large-scale structuring research programs (e.g., at the laboratories of ESPCI-Paris, IBP-Bordeaux, and ENSIC-Lorraine).
The Arkema group, a founding member of the University Lyon 1 Foundation
The mission of the “Fondation Lyon 1” is to promote the University Claude Bernard-Lyon 1 and expand partnerships with French companies.
The Arkema group not only contributes funding for the Foundation’s activities, but also provides valuable technical and strategic expertise.