Industrial and scientific partnerships
The Arkema group is involved in many projects conducted jointly with partners from industry and the public sector.
A key aspect of the Arkema group’s innovation strategy is its approach based on partnerships with industry, regional authorities, and university research teams. This approach enables the Group to pool the skills of many different players to carry out joint projects.
The Arkema group is a participant in more than forty collaborative R&D projects, including about fifteen conducted on a European scale. The Genesis program is the most significant of these in terms of the research budget. It involves multinationals, small- and medium-sized businesses and several university laboratories. Its aim is to develop an innovation value chain in the field of nanostructured materials by tying the conceptual engineering phase directly to applications for specific segments, such as automobile, energy, environment, information and communication technologies, and cables and wiring.
Partnerships with French regions
- In certain regions of France, the Group is developing tripartite partnerships that federate universities, research organizations and industry and draw on the capabilities of its research centers:
- The Eastern France R&D center (CRDE) is a partner to the Lorraine regional hub of expertise in process optimization, in conjunction with the École Nationale Supérieure des Industries Chimiques de Nancy (ENSIC).
- The Lacqresearch group (GRL) is a founding member of the Technological Center for Advanced Materials and Composites in Aquitaine region (CANOE), in partnership with the Aquitaine regional council. This is a technological innovation platform of European scope, dedicated to the development of the nano-structured materials sector.
The Arkema group promotes the economic development of French regions through its involvement in the research projects of many competitiveness clusters:
- Axelera (chemicals and environment- Rhône-Alpes region),
- Tenerrdis (renewable energies - Rhône-Alpes region),
- Aerospace Valley (aeronautics, space, embedded systems - Aquitaine and Midi-Pyrénées regions),
- Industries Agro-ressources (bioenergies, agromaterials - Champagne-Ardennes region),
- Mov'eo (automobiles, transportation – Upper and Lower Normandy regions, Greater Paris region),
- Plastipolis (plastics processing - Rhône-Alpes and Franche-Comté regions).