Stepping up collaborative research
The Arkema group’s approach to innovation is turned outward. That means more scientific and industrial partnerships and a network-like collaboration on many projects.
With research projects becoming ever more complex, it is now essential to mobilize top-notch expertise – whether within the Group or through external partners.
Skills in synergy
Developing new technologies and inventing tomorrow’s products demands collaboration with:
- institutes of higher learning,
- public laboratories,
- European and French bodies that promote and support research.
The Arkema group is currently involved in numerous public-private research programs.
The Group’s innovation strategy revolves around collaborative research and partnerships. Recognized as a prominent force in research, the Arkema group is involved in numerous projects workingjointly with industry and public bodies:
- within the framework of public research programs,
- in a network configuration with local small businesses, multinational corporations and regional authorities,
- as a participant in competitiveness clusters,
- to develop hubs of technological innovation.
A network organization
In parallel to its flagship industrial and scientific partnerships, the Arkema group builds networks on a local scale. The idea here is for each Arkema group R&D center to forge ties with its region, a local university, a laboratory in the area, and local businesses.