Arkema group at a glance
A global chemical company and France’s leading chemicals producer, Arkema has operation in about 50 countries, some 19 000 employees and research centers in North America, France and Asia. The Group generates pro forma annual revenue of some €7.6 billion, and holds leadership positions in all its markets with a portfolio of internationaly recognized brands.
Arkema is building the future of the chemical industry using a responsible, innovation-based approach.
With Bostik's acquisition in February 2015, the Group completed its transformation initiated from its creation in 2004 and embodies a project that is fully in line with its strategy:
- strengthen in specialty chemicals,
- continue the development of its High Performance Materials segment,
Arkema key figures (2013)
Sales of €6.1billion
EBITDA of €902 million
90 production sites
46 in Europe
26 in North America
18 in Asia and rest of the world
€150 million dedicated every year to R&D
10 research centers (6 in France, 2 in the United States, 1 in China and 1 in Japan)
Bostik key figures (2013)
Sales of €1.5 billion
45 production sites
6 research centers
The Group organized its activities into 3 business segments:
- High Performance Materials: Technical polymers (Specialty polyamides and Fluoropolymers), Filtration and Adsorption (CECA), Organic Peroxydes, Specialty Adhesives (Bostik).
- Industrial Specialties: Thiochemicals, Fluorochemicals, PMMA (Altuglas International), Hydrogen Peroxides.
- Coating Solutions: Acrylics, Coating resins, Photocure resins (Sartomer) Rheology Additives (Coatex)
Complementary business segments and balanced geographical coverage
2013 Arkema figures (without Bostik)
Employees by region
- 62% Europe
- 20% North America
- 18% Asia and rest of the world