The Arkema group is one of the world leaders in coating resins and additives. In this activity, the Arkema group offers an extensive range of products which cover the following markets: architectural and industrial coatings, adhesives, inks and construction products.
The Coating Resins activity of the Arkema group offers a complete range of solutions based on aqueous acrylic emulsions, aqueous or solvent-based alkyds, powders, polyester resins and additives for aqueous and non-aqueous systems. There are a great number of applications for its products:
- powder coatings,
- traffic paints,
- coatings for transportation and the maritime industry,
- construction products,
- inks and products for graphic arts,
- coatings for leather and woven and non-woven textiles.
In its 10 research and development laboratories, there are about 100 researchers working directly with customers to provide them with customized, innovative solutions based on sustainable technologies.
EnVia® certification – guaranteeing sustainable development
The Coating resins activity markets EnVia® certified products which help its client formulators to reach their targets related to sustainable development. EnVia® certified products have the following guaranteed characteristics:
- no APEOs (alkyl phenol ethoxylate)
- no formaldehyde or formaldehyde precursors
- low levels of volatile organic compounds (VOC).
- under the regulatory limits for carcinogenic substances, reproduction-toxic substances or having an impact on the destruction of the ozone layer
- low level of residual monomers
- low concentration of hazardous substances
Main products and brands
- Powder Resins
- Solvent-Based Resins
- Aqueous Emulsions
- Encor® (acrylic latex, vinyl-acrylic and styrene-acrylic)
- Encor® (flex latex for elastometric coatings)
- Encor®(modified ethylene latex)
- Celocor® (opaque polymer)
- Chempol® (polyesters, alkyds and acrylic polymers
- Coroc® (polyacrylate)
- Gelkyd® and super Gelkyd® (thixotropic alkyds)
- Neocar® (vinyl versatate)
- Snap® (nanostructured acrylic polymer)
- Synaqua® (emusion alkyd binder)
- Synocure® (acrylic)
- 20 production sites in the world: North America (USA), Europe (France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom), Asia (China, India, Malaysia), Africa (South Africa),
- 10 Technical and R&D centers: About 100 researchers and technicians work directly with local, regional and international customers to identify the coating solutions which meet their specific needs.