The Acrylics activity produces and markets intermediate products (acids and esters) for the chemical industry. It also supplies cationic monomers for water treatment and plasticizers.
Acrylic monomers: making daily life comfortable
The Arkema group is one of the world leaders in the production of acrylic monomers. Thanks to their unique properties, these products contribute to the comfort of daily life by:
- extending the life of finished products,
- developing formulas without solvents,
- contributing to a better environment.
Marketed under the Norsocryl® brand the acrylic monomers, the acid and its esters, are used in the production of:
- paints and coatings
- glues and adhesives
- plastic materials
- photocure resins
- plastic additives
- textile acrylic fibers
- additives for treatment of paper and leather
Cationic monomers: treating polluted water
Commercialized under the Adame®, Adamquat® and Madquat® brands, cationic monomers are used as dispersants and flocculants in the treatment of drinking and industrial water.
Oxo-alcohols: intermediates and additives
The Arkema group is also one of the main European producers of:
- oxo alcohols (butanol and 2-ethylhexanol) used in the production of acrylic esters, lubricants, diesel additives, paints and varnishes,
- diacids (phthalic anhydride), used mainly in the manufacture of polyester resins, alkyd resins and plasticizers.
The Acrylics Business Unit also produces Garbeflex®, or Di-2-ethylhexyl phthalate (DEHP), which is used as a plasticizer for PVC.
- 3 production sites: Europe (France), North America (USA)
- Global logistics system including more than 20 terminals
- Global technology center in Carling (France)